Extreme changes occur in the second half of the 20th century when tourism starts to develop in Povljana. The first recorded trace of an arrival of a larger number of tourists dates back to 1954. Rural tourism including hunting, appeared in Povljana before it had begun in any other town on the island Pag. The preserved remains of a house, belonging to the Košćina family, located on the area of the Great swamp, today witnesses the glory of the nobles from Pag that used to invite hunters from entire Europe. Once a mainly rural area, nowdays Povljana is an important municipal centre, whose appearance shows the great number of investments as well as the effort of its inhabitants towards the future affirmation of Povljana as a recognizable tourist destination.